Tuesday, January 20, 2009

the first post-est with the most-est

Greetings from Brooklyn!

So, why am I starting a blog?

- I've just re-located from Madison, WI to Brooklyn, NY for an internship.
- As I am a lifelong rural Wisconsinite, this should prove to be amusing. I'm eagerly anticipating being made fun of for my achingly-Midwestern accent and quaint moral values.
- I'd like to avoid racking up hundred-dollar-plus phone bills every month. Keeping in touch with friends, family and my kitty (okay, Henry has probably already forgotten me) is free this way!
- I'm out of practice with writing - I'd like to get into the habit more consistently.
- I don't know many people here in New York. Blogging will likely prove more productive than crying in a corner in my desperately lonely moments.

If there's anything anyone wants to know, just leave me a comment and I'll try to answer your questions. I want to hear from you! Honestly, I miss you (yes, you).

LOVE, KATIE.

8 comments:

  1. G-way! First comment! Whoo!

    It took me a minute to figure out your blog title. At first I was like, "Gross, who eats apples with cheese?" But then I understood it and fell dumb...

    -Mase

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with you, Mase. Apples and cheese are a delicious combination!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie May, We have not heard about your European travels. Did you enjoy it lots? Savanna and I enjoy visiting the BIG APPLE and would love to come see you, spend lots of time in Cental Park and see a few plays-but our time is very hard to arrange. We will try. How long will you be a denizen of NYC?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your way, Greenway! Can't wait to hear about your travels in the big city.

    lova ya

    -allie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too enjoy apples with cheese.

    P.S. I paid a ridiculous amount of money for wine a few days ago, but I would love to crack open a bottle when you get back. It'll be a white, of course.

    P.P.S. Come baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bahahaha, I totally forgot that that was the name assigned to my Google account. Syrup = Sarah. And Sarah = Probst.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like ur post .
    i am planing to go Uk next-year to complete my twining Course, and your blog does really giv eme strength to do so .
    Love And Peace .

    ReplyDelete