Sunday, March 20, 2011

times are a'changin

My living situation has taken a complete turn in the last two weeks. It's a long and twisted tale, but to sum up:

  • Even after we were told things had been taken care of, my sublet's power was turned off because of the former leaseholder's $2100 outstanding bill.
  • I crashed with my friend Spencer for five days. Pretty sure he's a saint.
  • Found a craigslist Echo Park apartment listing on a Wednesday, toured it on Thursday, was able to move in with my friend/former Badger Herald co-worker Lester on Friday.
  • Still not sure if I'm getting my $700 security deposit back from the aforementioned sublet...really cool.
  • Liking the new place, minus the moped-gang-members who live upstairs and store their mopeds outside my bedroom window. Revving motors next to my head: not okay.
  • Lester and I located, visited and purchased both a highly-discounted couch and nice mid-century modern coffee table yesterday. Our journey involved renting a U-Haul and trekking to strangers' homes in Silverlake and Santa Monica.
Whew.

1 comment:

  1. Adventures in furnishing. Always fun!
    And perhaps you could come up with something devious that would make parking mopeds in that spot unattractive, without alerting that you did it. It's always a good time coming up with such solutions. Maybe poop. Or glass. Or poop w/glass.

    ReplyDelete