Sunday, March 29, 2009

being allikat

I've known Alli since second grade, and we've been best friends since freshman year of high school. We've spent countless hours eating Acoustic Cafe hoagies, watching Dawson's Creek, beating any and all competitors at word games - especially Taboo (team AlliKat is certifiably unstoppable) and creating ridiculous videos and stories. Post-graduation we went to the same college, where we took many of the same classes. Our houses are approximately 100 yards apart.

Six years later, we're still the nerdy, lazy and hungry girls we were in high school (embarrassingly pictured above). The only thing that's really changed is distance - she's in her last semester at UW and I'm here in New York.

Luckily, not much can really get in the way of our friendship. Alli flew out here for the weekend, and we were back at it.

We saw HAIR on Broadway, watched dragon dancers in Chinatown, walked to Ground Zero and ate New York style pizza. But Alli and I usually have the best time together while simply sitting around at home. We uncovered a ridiculous UW Photoshop job, watched Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, discussed funny examples of fandom and planned our futures together (not exactly an exaggeration).

The only negative aspect to the weekend was that Alli was hit by a really badly timed bout of food poisoning: three hours before her flight back to Madison. She should be in the air right now, so I hope she's hanging in there.

We will be reunited when I visit Madison over Easter weekend, but until then I'll just have to look at old photos and wait for AlliKat's next Taboo routing.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sad Alli got sick! I hope she's feeling better by now.

    Where are the pictures of shoes? I thought you'd write something about that. More pics coming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha oh man that picture of me eating...for real though I want acoustic asap.

    ReplyDelete