Thursday, April 2, 2009

a formula for happiness?

I spent a long time on the phone with American Airlines this morning trying to figure out if there was any way I could get to Madison two days earlier than the flight I booked for next week. I have an extra day off of work and would love to spend more time with friends and family in Wisconsin.

I'd heard that I could a) try to fly standby or b) change my flight for relatively cheap. Both options turned out to be untrue: you can only fly standby on the day of your existing ticket, and it would have cost me between $275-325 to change my flight. I simply can't afford to pay double for an extra day or two.

Ugh, so maddening - hopes dashed. I was in a really, really bad mood.

To battle this, I was able to book a long overdue hair appointment at a local salon. The experience was kind of humorous because I haven't had a cut in probably six or eight months. My hairstylist was simply appalled at the quality of my hair - she had to cut an inch and a half of split ends off.

And oh man, baking always puts me in a better place: I had no choice but to make something. I found a recipe for banana chocolate chunk muffins through my friend Allie's BH blog, The Amateur Gourmand. As I expected, they are very delicious and my mood has nearly recovered...the only thing that could have improved my evening would be a new episode of 30 Rock.

Stupid ER finale.

4 comments:

  1. nnnnnnoooooooooo :(
    im not patient enough to wait

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid ER finale, indeed. >.<

    Just to make up for it, I shall be ending all my sentences with a preposition, at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hair, Sweet Pea. You look gorgeous. But, then, that's because you are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The good news is...your hair and cleavage look good. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete