Monday, May 2, 2011

growing pains

I've experienced many highs and lows since moving to Los Angeles in December -- and if I'm being honest with myself, mostly lows.

It's difficult to remember when I was last truly happy and it's even harder to imagine a future here. I don't have a full time job, I have very few friends in the area, my boyfriend is thousands of miles away, and various family members keep hinting (subtly and not-so) that I should move home.

I definitely am not ready to "give up" on my stint here, but I think I need to re-evaluate exactly what it is that makes me happy and figure out ways to get there. Because what I'm doing isn't working.

It's interesting how a person can go from being blissful to miserable in 6 months. Or really, in just one day.

1 comment:

  1. Will it be better when Alex and Alli move out there? And we (steve and jan)are coming to visit. You can show us around. We will leave the cheese hats at home.

    ReplyDelete